Come see the stars with us!
Tickets will go on sale mid-February.
Spend a relaxing evening on the Straits of Mackinac and take in the magnificent scenery the area has to offer. The six cruises being offered are planned around various events in the night sky and are timed to go out around sunset/ moonrise. Each cruise features narration (unless noted otherwise) provided by Mary Stewart Adams, the Dark Sky Park Program Director at the Headlands. Come aboard for a remarkable night sky experience! (PLEASE NOTE: If a second boat is added to the Meteor Shower Cruise dates, the additional boat will not have narration.)
2018 Night Sky Cruise Schedule:
Full Moon Cruise: June 28th, 9:15 p.m.-10:45 p.m.
Goddess of the Night Cruise (Crescent Moon and Venus): July 15th, 9:15 p.m.-10:45 p.m.
Thunder Moon Cruise: July 26th, 9:00 p.m.-10:30 p.m.
Perseid Meteor Shower Cruise: August 10th, 11:00 p.m.-1:00 a.m. – (If the first cruise boat sells out, there will be no narration on the second boat on this date.)
Perseid Meteor Shower Cruise: August 12th, 11:00 p.m.-1:00 a.m. – (If the first cruise boat sells out, there will be no narration on the second boat on this date.)
Wandering Stars Cruise: September 8th, 7:45 p.m.- 9:15 p.m.
- Tickets for this cruise are non-refundable.
- We board by boarding number assigned at time of purchase.
- We will begin boarding approximately 30 minutes prior to departure on our Mackinaw City Dock.
- No need to arrive early to line up for boarding. (All seating is upper-deck, with the cabin available if preferred or if the weather is inclement.)
- No outside food or beverage allowed.
- No pets, please.
- If Shepler’s has to cancel the cruise, we will issue a full refund.
Child (5-12): $15.00
Child 4 & under: Free if sitting on adult’s lap.